About Me

My photo
In 2006, I was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease. This site attempts to document my struggles with the disease, but also the small (and delicious) victories I've had since following the Specific Carbohydrate Diet (the SCD). I am by no means an expert, but hope that you find some tidbits that feed your soul, or at least your tummy. Enjoy. P.S. - In my more recent posts, you will find full SCD meals using various recipe sources compiled in each post, in the hopes that it will make following the SCD easier.

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Meatloaf!

Who doesn't like a good meatloaf? Okay, well there are actually quite a few people who probably wouldn't. BUT, if you are looking for a SCD-friendly version, I have used this one a few times with great success. Even my picky eater husband likes it. And, if you want to avoid red meat, I think the recipe would still turn out tasty if you used turkey meat instead.


Meatloaf
1 lb ground beef
1 egg
1 clove garlic (I used Spice World's minced garlic)
1 T. cilantro or Italian parsley
2-3 oz. of shredded cheddar cheese
handful of almond flour (about 1/4 c. or so)
salt and pepper to taste


1) Preheat oven to about 375 degrees F
2) Mix ingredients and place in greased loaf pan
3) Cook for about 45 min to an hour


I serve it with SCD ketchup on top and with potatoes for non-SCDers and "fauxtatoes" (mashed cauliflower) for SCDers. I can't remember which ketchup recipe I use, so here are some links to some options (I think I used the one from Jilluck):


SCD recipe.com's version
The SCD girl
Comfy Tummy
Dietary Adventures of Jilluck

No comments:

Post a Comment