About Me

My photo
In 2006, I was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease. This site attempts to document my struggles with the disease, but also the small (and delicious) victories I've had since following the Specific Carbohydrate Diet (the SCD). I am by no means an expert, but hope that you find some tidbits that feed your soul, or at least your tummy. Enjoy. P.S. - In my more recent posts, you will find full SCD meals using various recipe sources compiled in each post, in the hopes that it will make following the SCD easier.

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Breakfast Goodness
This morning I was craving pancakes. What's better than fluffy pancakes on a Saturday morning? Well actually, probably fluffy pancakes and bacon (who can resist that sweet and salty combination?!). But, since I had already enjoyed some bacon earlier in the week, it would just have to be pancakes. I have tried a few versions of SCD pancakes, but I really enjoy a recipe from scdrecipe.com that is called "Yazmin's Pancakes." To add a bit more flavor to the pancakes, I decided to add some banana, pecans, and cinnamon. Yum! With some warm simple syrup (equal parts water and honey) on top, I was in heaven. A dollop of SCD yogurt would be a great topping too, but I went with peanut butter (we'll get to my peanut butter and honey addiction later). Delicious! I was in pancake heaven. A great way to start the day. So, here's the recipe in case you want to try some yourself:

1 cup almond flour
1 egg
2 tablespoons honey
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons yoghurt
butter for frying  
*optional: 
1 banana, sliced
whole pecans
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon

Much thanks to my husband for mixing up the batter which allowed me to get in a much needed run!


No comments:

Post a Comment